Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chicken Tikka Masala

I haven't posted in ages because I've been on an Easter holiday. Now my holiday is over and I can get back to posting and sharing. On the bright side I made a few goodies during the Easter break that I can share with you all, but for this post I'm going to go slightly off topic because for dinner I made a really good tikka masala plus baby version that my daughter absolutely loved! It was fantastic :) I served it with rice and a refreshing mango salad! Yum! If you want to make it on the hotter side, just add a couple chopped chillie.

Ingredients

  • 2 teaspoons garam masala 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 8 ounces chicken tenders
  • 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small sweet onion, diced
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
  • 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 2 tablespoons cream

  • Method
    Cube the chicken. In a small bowl mix together the garam masala, turmeric and salt. Sprinkle 1/2 a teaspoon of the spice mix over the chicken then put the flour in. Mix well until the chicken is completely coated. Heat a skillet with a teaspoon of oil then cook the chicken until it has browned. Place the chicken on a plate and set a side. Heat the rest of the oil and put in the spice blend, garlic and ginger. Cook for about a minute or less, don't let it burn. Then add the tomato and let it thicken. Mix in the cream then add the chicken back in and let it simmer until the chicken is completely cooked through. Serve and enjoy :)

    Baby Friendly Version
    You are obviously going to use a lot less ingredients as the little person won't eat this much, so just a couple 
    Baby Friendly Version
    pinches of the spices will do. Instead of using garam masala I used chicken spice. I am not sure what you could substitute this chicken spice for, but it is a wonderful South African spice we love to use :) technically the dish isn't  really spicy so you could give your kiddo the same as what you would eat, but my little one wasn't to found of the flavours and enjoyed hers A LOT more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment