Friday, April 19, 2013

Pork Stew

I made this once a while back and my boyfriend loved it, so did my baby, so he insisted I make it again. So I did. I didn't really remember the recipe of it the first time I made it so I probably altered it slightly. None the less, the enjoyed it just as much :)






Ingredients
Olive Oil
1 lb pork, cubed
Salt and pepper
2 carrots
2 medium potatoes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
2 leaves basil
2 cups stock
Turmeric
Chili (for adult version, if desired)

Method
Heat a large pot with olive oil and and season the pork with salt and pepper and turmeric then brown
the meat, transfer to a plate. Then add the garlic (and a chopped onion if you like). Then add the carrots and potatoes and let them sweat. Add the tomatoes, oregano and stock and bring to a boil. Place the meat and juices back in and bring down to a simmer. Allow it to simmer until the pork is soft, this can take upto an hour or more. If you're having chili add the chili and mix it then allow it to cook for a few minutes longer before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment