Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bunny Bread Rolls

I once got a recipe for cute little bunny bread rolls from a friend of mine. Upon seeing the picture of the bread I knew I had to try this recipe. My bread rolls didn't quire come out as good as the one in the picture, but I sure did try. And to have nice warm bread rolls that almost looked like little bunnies was so nice :)


Ingredients
2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1 egg


Method
Preheat oven to 180°C
Put the butter, the sour cream and water in a small saucepan and heat, but do not cook. Cool to tepid then
add the remaining ingredients. Put in a kneader. If thick add some more water.
Let it rise double and cut into 16 equal parts.Take each part and round to a bunny body shape. Put in a baking tray lined with baking paper and cut the ears with scissors. Add the eyes you can use pepper grains or any type of grain you like.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.




Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the baked bunny rolls, but they came out beautifully, just not as pretty as the original recipe pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of trying to make little critters out of bread. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete