Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chocolate filled Profiteroles


I know I haven't posted a blog in a while now, but I'm pleased to say I'm back in my home country visiting my wonderful family! My parents always love it when I surprise them with yummy desserts, so I decided to make them some profiteroles. Now, I've seen tons of cooking programmes which make it seem like these little critters are difficult to make! But I thought I'd take up the challenge anyway! They didn't quite look as professional as the ones on T.V. nor the ones in the pictures, but they were still delicious and everyone enjoyed them!

Ingredients
1 cup plain flour
125g butter
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 packets instant chocolate mousse, or whipped cream

Method
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
Prepare the mousse as instructed on the packet and leave in the refridgerator.
Heat the water and butter in a saucepan and allow to boil. When the butter is melted and the water is at boiling point remove from heat and add the flour and sugar. Mix until smooth thenretutn to heat and mix until the dough forms a ball. Remove from heat once again and add the eggs one at a time and mixing well in between. You can use an electric beater at this point, but I find it makes the mixture too creamy. The mixture should be smooth, but realativelythick. Spoon or pipe the mixture onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 180 and bake for a further 15-20 minutes. Remove the profiteroles from the oven and put a slit in the side then turn the oven off and return them to the oven for 5 minutes. Then take them out and allow to cool before piping the chocolate mousse into them. If they are too hot the mousse will end up melting. You can decorate them with a bit of melted chocolate if you desire. Serve and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment