Monday, March 25, 2013

Cake Mix Pancakes

We decided we would have some pancakes for breakfast this morning. When I came to making them I had already prepared most of the ingredients ready to mix them together, but when I pulled out the container for flour I noticed that it was empty! Aaahh! I found a few boxes of cake mix and wondered how it would taste as a pancake. To my surprise it tasted pretty darn yummy! So grab your favourite cake mix and try this recipe out :)

Ingredients
1 box cake mix
180 ml milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 egg
Butter

Method
Combine the vinegar and milk in a glass and let it sit for 5 minutes to "sour".

Once your milk is ready put the cake mix in a bowl and mix it with the milk and the egg. Make sure it is mixed well with no lumps. Then heat a skillet with butter and put the batter in the heated skillet to the pancake size you desire. Flip when appropriate (small bubbles start to form on the pancake) the serve with whatever you want. Chocolate spread, ice cream, cream, jam, syrup.. What ever you like your pancakes with ;) yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment