Friday, March 1, 2013

Pasta Fit for a Baby


Thinking of what to make for dinner can be a daily challenge! What makes it harder is having a baby that wants to eat what you have, but can't really have all the same ingredients as you (like onion, my daughter will absolutely protest and moan at me if I handed her an onion).
So for last nights dinner, I thought of making a Spanish-style pasta with sausage. Pasta was the dish of choice because my baby's daddy (oh I do love him dearly) absolutely LOVES pasta! I mean, he really loves it! In a 'eat it every day' kinda way! My daughter has adopted his love for pasta and she too can eat it on a daily basis, so they pretty much voted and I lost (not that I'm complaining).

So here is the recipe for what I did...

Adult Version
Ingredients
1/2 pound Sausage of your choice, cut into chunks
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 cup tomato purée
12 ounce spaghetti broken into pieces (about 3 inches)



Method
Bring a pot of water to boil.
Heat up a skillet with olive oil, add the sausage and cook until browned. Then remove them and set a side. Then add the garlic, oregano and tomato purée to the heated skillet. Reduce the heat and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the spaghetti and cook it until it seems golden brown. Then add some boiling water and the sausage to the mixture and cook until the the spaghetti is done, you may need to top up with water.

Baby Version

Baby Friendly Version
A handful of bow tie pasta
A few chunks of sausage
Tomato purée
Oregano
Olive oil (or that fancy baby cooking oil)
A bit of garlic (if your baby is ok with the flavor)


To cook it, do pretty much the same thing. Then enjoy your little ones face as they dig in... Mine sure did enjoy her dinner!

Aftermath of an Enjoyed Meal
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment