Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Paddy's Day

Since yesterday was St. Patrick's Day we decided we would make something to celebrate the occasion. So we made cookies and planned on decorating them with a green frosting. Unfortunately the only colouring I could find was so watered down that not even the whole bottle made the green I was looking for. And when it came to the decorating I discovered you shouldn't opt for cheap supermarket brand decorating tools. The nozzles were SO weird and I decided using a zip lock back for this might have been easier. Anyway, my boyfriend consoled me by saying it's better than what he could have done so I decided to give him a try to see what sort of decorating skills he had. These cookies and the frosting is baby friendly and are great to make with your little one :)

Ingredients
200g butter, cold
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour

Method
My Cookies
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Cut the butter up into small blocks and mix it with the flour, baking powder, vanilla and sugar. You may need to get your hands dirty for this. Mix it until it forms a dough and kneed it slightly. Don't over kneed it. You should be ale to roll the dough out and use cookie cutters but I prefer forming little balls of dough then squashing them to make nice round cookies :)

For the Frosting
1/2 cup of sugar free vanilla pudding
50 grams cream cheese
50ml whipping cream, whipped
Colouring

Boyfriends Cookies
Combine all the ingredients then add the colour of your choice. It should be ready to use. If it is too thick you can add some milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment